Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sugarloaf.. The Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pesticle, Mar 13, 2002.

1. I stumbled upon the band Sugarloaf by accident somehow... long story short, i love them. i like all of their basslines so far out of getting like 6 songs, but there is no place to get tabs for any songs except green eyed lady. i was wondering if any of you guys have any links to a place where i can find more tabs or even if you guys can tell me who their bassist is? any songs tabs will do great. (other than green eyed lady)

P.S. i know Sugarloaf was a 60's band that nobody prolly cares about.. but still any help would be very much appreciated

2. Sorry no tabs but I just wanted to say that I care about SugarLoaf.

3. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I forgot where my guitarist got the tabs, but I know that he has them. Our band is doing a cover of "Green Eyed Lady"

4. Sugarloaf apparently had 2 different bassists. Bob Webber and Bob Raymond.

Lisa

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    In fact, Bob is playing on "Green Eyed Lady"! :D
    Awesome bassline, BTW.

6. Are you sure it's Bob? I thought it might be Bob! :D

Lisa

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I dig Sugarloaf...I always liked how they 'jammed' & stretched out on "Green-Eyed Lady"(nice 'jazzy' guitaring on the solo + the comping. I like that!). ;)

Anyway, I had been on the hunt for that "Green-Eyed Lady" album for years. As a kid, I held that album in my hand, literally,...I dunno, A LOT!
    I never bought it.
    Then, I waited & waited for the digital version(still not issued, right?).

About 2 years ago, a co-worker gives me all his vinyl(about 200 LPs)...
    In that hodgepodge, TWO...T-W-O copies of that album + a copy of their follow-up.

Life is good...

BTW, here's the personnel for the 1st record-
    Jerry Corbretta-Keys & Vocals
    Bob Webber-Guitar & Vocals
    Bob Raymond-Bass
    Bob MacVittie-Drums

...how'd a "JERRY" get into this band, anyway?! ;)

8. Hmm, that band needed a Neil.