Sugarloaf.. The Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pesticle, Mar 13, 2002.

1. I stumbled upon the band Sugarloaf by accident somehow... long story short, i love them. i like all of their basslines so far out of getting like 6 songs, but there is no place to get tabs for any songs except green eyed lady. i was wondering if any of you guys have any links to a place where i can find more tabs or even if you guys can tell me who their bassist is? any songs tabs will do great. (other than green eyed lady)

P.S. i know Sugarloaf was a 60's band that nobody prolly cares about.. but still any help would be very much appreciated
  2. Sorry no tabs but I just wanted to say that I care about SugarLoaf.
  3. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I forgot where my guitarist got the tabs, but I know that he has them. Our band is doing a cover of "Green Eyed Lady"
  4. Sugarloaf apparently had 2 different bassists. Bob Webber and Bob Raymond.

5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    In fact, Bob is playing on "Green Eyed Lady"! :D
    Awesome bassline, BTW.
  6. Are you sure it's Bob? I thought it might be Bob! :D

7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I dig Sugarloaf...I always liked how they 'jammed' & stretched out on "Green-Eyed Lady"(nice 'jazzy' guitaring on the solo + the comping. I like that!). ;)

Anyway, I had been on the hunt for that "Green-Eyed Lady" album for years. As a kid, I held that album in my hand, literally,...I dunno, A LOT!
    I never bought it.
    Then, I waited & waited for the digital version(still not issued, right?).

About 2 years ago, a co-worker gives me all his vinyl(about 200 LPs)...
    In that hodgepodge, TWO...T-W-O copies of that album + a copy of their follow-up.

Life is good...

BTW, here's the personnel for the 1st record-
    Jerry Corbretta-Keys & Vocals
    Bob Webber-Guitar & Vocals
    Bob Raymond-Bass
    Bob MacVittie-Drums'd a "JERRY" get into this band, anyway?! ;)
  8. Hmm, that band needed a Neil.