1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sugestions for small low wattage bass cab

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by Logaritmoak, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Logaritmoak

Logaritmoak

Feb 25, 2016
    I have a markbass 250w head and I would like to buy a nice small cab for home practice and recordings.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

2. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    I am a fan of Acoustic Image. They make a separate cabinet in addition to combo amps. Markbass also makes cabinets.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  3. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Budget? How small is small?

I am a fan of my Bergantino CN112. Sounds really good and clear, it is small but a little boxy when going up and down stairs, etc. I recently added a Barefaced One 10 for practices. Very small and easy to carry but I have not used it enough yet to really report on the sound.

4. Logaritmoak

Logaritmoak

Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks for all the sugestions. Unfurtunally my budget is not the ideal to find a good one. I rely more on ebay, therefore I would appreciate sugestions on used cab under 100

5. jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    /\/\3phist0 likes this.
  6. jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
  7. Logaritmoak

Logaritmoak

Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks again. One last question. With the mark bass 250w head, can I buy a 200w cabinet or does it have to be the same or superior wattage? I guess thats something to do with ohms but I never understood it.

8. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX