Suggest 2nd cab for my Eden/Bag End

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chardin, Mar 18, 2003.

1. chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I have an Eden WT-400 and a 8 ohm Bag End S15-D that I like a lot. What would you recommend for a second cabinet so I can get full power from the Eden? The obvious choice, since I like the sound of 15 inch cabinets, is another Bag End S15-D or S15X-D.

I'm wondering if a 1x12 might be better. Euphonic Audio maybe?
  2. Since you like the BE, I'd get another one.
  3. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I have an Eden WT-500 with which I use a Bag End S15D on about 98% of my electric gigs. I love this little cabinet.

I also have a S12D that I bought for two purposes. The first was for my upright (the S15D is terrible for URB). The second was for the other 2% of my electric gigs where I need to move big air. The S15D and S12D make a terrific sounding rig. This configuration,IMO, also seems to have a better midrange presence than two S15Ds without sacrificing any low end. They stack together nicely too.

Having said that,on the weekend, I am buying a Euphonic Audio CXL 112. The S12D is a good cab for my upright but the EA will be better. I have seriously auditioned EA in the past and I don't expect that it will become my electric cabinet over the S15D. BUT I'm looking forward to my next "big air" gig because I think the S15D and the EA CXL 112 would make an even better stack. Yeah, it won't sit on top like the S12D does but I can live with that.

Anyway, whatever you add to your S15D....another S15D, a S12D or a EA you will have a great sounding rig.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I really liked my single S15-D, but I fell in love when I added a second one.

Another vote for a second S15-D!
  5. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Another vote for a second S-15D.
  6. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If you are going to go with another Bag End 15, you might consider checking with Bass Northwest about a S15 cus (custom) slightly larger and about 15 pounds heavier, but more low end.

see mine here
  7. I ran the S15D and S15XD combo for a while and loved it. I just added an Epifani T-112 and have been experimenting, adding it to the S15D and "eureka" I have found the tone I was looking for. Still like the two bags, just like the Epi/Bag combo even better.

I am probably going to sell my S15XD (S15D plus a coaxial tweeter), if you are interested, give me a PM.