Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggest 2nd cab for my Eden/Bag End

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chardin, Mar 18, 2003.

1. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I have an Eden WT-400 and a 8 ohm Bag End S15-D that I like a lot. What would you recommend for a second cabinet so I can get full power from the Eden? The obvious choice, since I like the sound of 15 inch cabinets, is another Bag End S15-D or S15X-D.

I'm wondering if a 1x12 might be better. Euphonic Audio maybe?

2. Since you like the BE, I'd get another one.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I have an Eden WT-500 with which I use a Bag End S15D on about 98% of my electric gigs. I love this little cabinet.

I also have a S12D that I bought for two purposes. The first was for my upright (the S15D is terrible for URB). The second was for the other 2% of my electric gigs where I need to move big air. The S15D and S12D make a terrific sounding rig. This configuration,IMO, also seems to have a better midrange presence than two S15Ds without sacrificing any low end. They stack together nicely too.

Having said that,on the weekend, I am buying a Euphonic Audio CXL 112. The S12D is a good cab for my upright but the EA will be better. I have seriously auditioned EA in the past and I don't expect that it will become my electric cabinet over the S15D. BUT I'm looking forward to my next "big air" gig because I think the S15D and the EA CXL 112 would make an even better stack. Yeah, it won't sit on top like the S12D does but I can live with that.

Anyway, whatever you add to your S15D....another S15D, a S12D or a EA you will have a great sounding rig.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I really liked my single S15-D, but I fell in love when I added a second one.

Another vote for a second S15-D!

5. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Another vote for a second S-15D.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If you are going to go with another Bag End 15, you might consider checking with Bass Northwest about a S15 cus (custom) slightly larger and about 15 pounds heavier, but more low end.

see mine here
    http://www.hotpropertyband.com/bagend15.html

7. I ran the S15D and S15XD combo for a while and loved it. I just added an Epifani T-112 and have been experimenting, adding it to the S15D and "eureka" I have found the tone I was looking for. Still like the two bags, just like the Epi/Bag combo even better.

I am probably going to sell my S15XD (S15D plus a coaxial tweeter), if you are interested, give me a PM.