1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggest a birthday present for 7-yr-old girl

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Jun 10, 2012.

1. She likes dinosaurs, gymnastics, singing, Mario Kart games(blame big brother :rolleyes:)... third of three( BIG surprise :eek:), doesn't really have her *thing*(bro- 13, does violin & karate; sis- 10, is pretty deeply into ballet). Not looking for *the BIG thing*, that's the actual party, later today. Just one dad-specific item would be nice... :)

2. Danelectro longhorn. Short scale, fits her perfectly :)

3. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    Birth Control. The little heathens these days are fertile/

4. @ sandmangeck: Probably not a bad idea if it's not too late already... :D
    @ tsverrir: She's not really into stringed instruments- she LOVES drums & I plan on getting her a kit if/when the right one comes along(space/budget issues prevent me going out and grabbing a monster set). If anything musical, I wish I could hand her an industrial-strength karaoke machine- cheesey as that may seem, I think she would rock the crepe out of one.

So hmmm... *drumses*... :ninja:

Anyone else? :)

5. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    What's the budget?
    Are we talking play house and a Barbie?

Or a cool $200-$300 Barbie Jeep power wheel or pink barbie Mini Mustang GT Power Wheel?

6. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    We're talking about your ((((((7)))))) year old daughter correct?

Scratching my head right now, about where the humor is in these comments? ? ? ? She's 7

7. If that's the worst you've heard I suggest you get out more often. ;)
    Thanks for participating- have you got anything related to the original request?

Edit: Budget- low. Again- the *big* one is the party later this afternoon. I just want to do something a little bit special, albeit on a small scale.

8. A t-shirt with yoshi on it./ lots of Mario stickers.

9. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Get her a singing dinosaur dressed like Mario that does gymnastics.

10. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Get her a Nintindo DS. There are a crap-ton of Mario/children oriented games. Lots of educational games as well. Fun for kids and us older kids. She can take it anywhere with a multitude of games. You can get the DS pretty cheap and find most all the games used. Fun for years. Write a little note on the back with sharpie so she'll always remember that it was you. Cheers.

11. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Her own "credit card"(gift card)..I don't know any girl at any age that doesn't like shopping!

12. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    My daugther turned 8 this year, I gave me couple of books and a diary, she loves them, she is saving for a DHS, another thing she would like to have and probably she will get for xmas it is that gadget from B&N for e-books and of course she dies for an ipad

13. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Belgium
    My niece will turn 7 the next month. She asked for a carnivorous plant.

14. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    That's awesome :D

You should get her a Piranha Plant stuffed animal from Super Mario - assuming they make one.

15. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Take her out to lunch. Just you and her.

16. I think I shall. :)

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Or a t-shirt with a green 1-UP mushroom.

18. +1 They actually sell this at Target. I think the mushroom is blue and the star is green, but I snagged one for my brother and it was cheap.

+1 Take her on a daddy and daughter birthday lunch and a movie of her choice.

If you want to spend more cash give her a hand-written card that says "Gift certificate good for 10 _______ lessons or sessions. What about art classes at a community center or library; 2D or clay or whatever. I'm short on ideas, but, since her siblings have "their things (identities/hobbies)" it's time to nudge her in some direction.
    At that age I was also into dinosaurs and art. A quality set
    of colored pencils, eraser, paper, and a cool dinosaur book with good illustrations made me happy. My mom also checked out drawing books from the library that were fun and inspiring.

My thing up until middle school was art and LEGOS. That's what I got from everyone every birthday and giftmas until about middle school.

I started playing bass because my brother started guitar lessons, and I wanted to do something I thought was cool like that but not exactly the same thing. Your daughter might take interest in something your other kids do, or something similar but distinct, or something completely different. You know how important it is to start establishing her identity and uniqueness, and draw confidence and self-esteem from that.

I'm sure you know just how big birthdays are to kids that age. You will find some options to present to her to get lessons in or materials for something to help her evolve, so to speak.

Good luck! For what it's worth: I suck at thinking up gifts to give people.

19. Update: Got desperate & grabbed the first 3 lil Target items that said *her*- a Legos Dino set(pteranodon, a perennial favorite), a tiny, battery-op pink ladybug robot & an old-school rubber stegosaurus. Pretty small potatoes but far better than a list of excuses for why I didn't get anything at all, plus at this age, a little goes pretty far. She had a great time at her party- a neighbor kid gave her a sweet flying dino- for his BD a few weeks back, she had gotten him the same lego set I got her this time. Dinos everywhere!

BTW, thanks to all- some good suggies in there. TOOL460002, I disagree on *sucking at gift ideas*; you have some great thoughts- I have already done a couple of those.
    Will do a lunch date w/her when I can. :cool:

20. yea, i'd probably recommend starting off electric kit from the getgo so you won't feel like drilling out your ear drums and she'll be enlightened by the fact not everything is boomy pieces of metal and wood :D