1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggest a bridge that allows string width changes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Brian Gordon, Mar 4, 2003.

1. I'm getting a new bass so I have a second 5-string ready in a different tuning. I'll be switching back and forth between them often and I want them to play as close as possible to the same. The new bass has a fixed width bridge on it I'd like to replace so I can match the string widths on the two basses.

Please make some suggestions for a 5-string bridge that I can drop in which allows adjustments in string spacing. Any ideas? Please, let me know!

Thrash Gordon

2. I really, really like the ABM one.

3. ABM? What's an ABM?

Thanks!

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The Warwick 2 piece bridge allows string spacing changes. Stew Mac used to do them, don't know if he still does.
    Maybe get on to your Warwick distributer.

5. ABM is a nice piece but they are very pricey - around $120 from All-Parts. My suggestion would be the Schaller roller bridge. Best combination of features and still very affordable - $35 - $50. If you do a search on ebay in the bass section for "bridge" I'm sure you'll find a new one in this range.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Schaller Roller Bridge