Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggest a bridge that allows string width changes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Brian Gordon, Mar 4, 2003.

1. I'm getting a new bass so I have a second 5-string ready in a different tuning. I'll be switching back and forth between them often and I want them to play as close as possible to the same. The new bass has a fixed width bridge on it I'd like to replace so I can match the string widths on the two basses.

Please make some suggestions for a 5-string bridge that I can drop in which allows adjustments in string spacing. Any ideas? Please, let me know!

Thrash Gordon

2. I really, really like the ABM one.

3. ABM? What's an ABM?

Thanks!

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The Warwick 2 piece bridge allows string spacing changes. Stew Mac used to do them, don't know if he still does.
    Maybe get on to your Warwick distributer.

5. ABM is a nice piece but they are very pricey - around $120 from All-Parts. My suggestion would be the Schaller roller bridge. Best combination of features and still very affordable - $35 - $50. If you do a search on ebay in the bass section for "bridge" I'm sure you'll find a new one in this range.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Schaller Roller Bridge