Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggest a Chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adam on bass, Mar 17, 2006.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Here's what I have:
    Morley Bass Wah, Digitech Whammy, Morley Volume, Digitech Synth Wah, Digitech Digidelay, Boss Bass Flanger, Boss Chorus Ensemble, Boss Chromatic Tuner, Tech 21 XXL Distortion, Tech 21 Bass Comapctor Compressor

What would you put before what? What would you put after what? Link it up and let me know.

I thought it would be kinda fun.

2. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Yep, Digitech Whammy. It's the coolest thing.

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'd say run the Whammy very first thing, I hear it works best that way.
    Then the tuner, then the compressor, then distortion, then wahs/everything else.

That's how I'd do it.

4. +1 except that I would put the BSW just before or just after the whammy because it works best in the beginning of the signal chain

5. bassling

bassling

Mar 3, 2006
    Heres my method of chaining....

Put your first pedal up. Then hook up the second one behind or infront of the firts one, and see how it sounds each way, pick the sound you like the best. Then take the third, and put it first, in the middle, and last, try each position out, and decide. Keep up this process for each pedal until you have no more pedals to add.

6. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    If I calculate that properly, that would take 3,628,800 times of switching pedals around. Maybe not the best use of time :bag:

-Dash

7. bassling

bassling

Mar 3, 2006
    You do them one at a time. Once youve established that you like 2 pedals in a certain order, you dont move them, you just move the third until you like it. Then you move the fourth. You keep adding pedals to the chain, but dont move the pedals that are already established in the chain. Get it? Its still kinda long if you have alot of pedals, but it works, and its definately not 3,628,800 times.:)

8. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas