1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggest a good rack to buy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigBohn, Oct 16, 2001.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    hey, please, if you can, recommend a decent rack (10 or 12 space) that is lightweight, cheap, and good construction. I've been checking out Gator racks (120 bucks for a 12 space) and SKB. Can anyone prove anything that a "water-tight" seal that the higher priced SKBs have is so much of an improvement over their economy-model, the Roto-Rack. Thanks again.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've used a bunch of Roto-Racks over the years, and although I was never on tour with the big toys, the Roto Racks did wonderfully for the rehearsals/club gigs stuff... and who needs them to be water-proof? I like to keep all of my gear out of the rain!

P@

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  4. ChrisIsOurTime

ChrisIsOurTime

Oct 9, 2001
    I have an SKB case and the latches seems to come undone occasionally. There is a chance that could just be that my roadies did it and didn't know what they were doing. All I know is a couple of times I've taken it out of the van and the front and back cover weren't even on.