1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SUGGEST A PLACE FOR TOP NOTCH BASS REFINISH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5string_phunk, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I have a Modulus Q5 that I recently bought and I love everything about it...except the color! The bass is off the hook, but the color just isn't doing it for me, so it might have to go out for a refinish!

Who do you guys and gals recommend to do a top notch, A++, factory-esque job on refinishing my baby? I am thinking of either going natural or a hue of blue! I want to keep the wood grain so it will definitely be a stain-type finish!

I have never had a bass refinished, so what am I looking like in the terms of cost? ...I am afraid of sticker shock! :eek:

Here is a pic the way she is now.

photo.gif

Thanks for all the input!! :bassist:

2. Marty Bell

3. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    Pat Wilkins has a very strong reputation and I believe that he does OEM finishes for some manufacturers.

Cant really give you and idea on price though

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
  5. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    + a million. Marty is the man.

6. Giorgetto

Giorgetto Fingers on 4 Flatwounds

Dec 29, 2008
    Third rock from the sun
    Artist Relationship: Wilkins-Ampeg-La Bella
    I can highly recommend Pat Wilkins of www.wilkinsguitars.com Pat does absolutely Top-Notch refinishing. His work can be seen on the USA made Lakland and Sadowsky basses and many others. If you do a search on Talkbass you will find a lot of positive comments on Pat's superb work. By the way Pat also builds amazing basses.

7. bunkaroo

bunkaroo

Apr 25, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    +1.

Here's a refin he did on my Skyline which was originally (puke) three-tone sunburst.

P4210283.gif