Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SUGGEST ME A CAB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 15, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i currently have an SWR WorkingPro 400 and a 2 10 Avatar Kappa Pro, 8 ohm.

I want to round out my stack a bit with another cab. any suggestions?

i play all types of music, including classic, grunge and alternative rock, jazz, fusion etc.

lightweight is a must, along with smaller overall size (this rig will end up in a college dorm most likely) but should be able to play a decent sized indoor venue or small outdoor venue (beach gigs, etc.)

oh yeah, also, no more than like, lets say, 3-400 bucks?

so... 1 2 3 GO FOR IT!

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Why not add another 8 ohm Avatar 2-10 if the one you have sounds good? I don't consider them particularly lightweight but you'll have to decide on what's too heavy for you.

Edit-just realized you want smaller. Well, you're in for it now. You'll get dozens of recommendations based on personal favourites, and some based on nothing at all. You'll have to get out and look I'm afraid. Good quality, lightweight and small gear is expensive unfortunately.

I have a Wakabout Scout Combo. Great amp but way out of your price range.

3. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Add another one of the same, or a 2-12 cab. All depends on how loud you want to get. Adding a 4-10 will get you to loud.

4. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    2 12 is a little big. would 1 12 do nice? or would 1 15 be the better choice?

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    2x12 neo.

Thing is, when given the option I will always choose the most thundering rig possible. I actually want to add a 2x12 (in the place of 2x10) to complement my 4x10.

If you dont need tons of volume, the 1x12 would probably give you a nice range of tone. 2x10/1x15 is a great setup too.