1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggest ME Some Amplifier Circuit

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by newday, Aug 24, 2017.

1. newday

newday

Aug 24, 2017
    Good afternoon~

I’m a bit of a newbie, but I love to experiment like some interesting electronic project. I want to have an amplifier for my car that must be compatible with a 40W 4ohm speaker. I saw a circuit about low power car stereo amplifier which based on TDA2003 produced by STMicroelectronics from an article. The circuit diagram is given below.

We can learn from it that the it’s easy to construct and components is cheap.Here each TDA2003 is wired as a mono amplifier operating from a 12V supply.Resistors R2 and R3 forms a feedback network that sets the amplifiers gain. C7 is the input DC de-coupling capacitor and C5 couples the speaker to the amplifiers output. C4 is used for improving the ripple rejection while C1 and C2 are employed for power supply filtering. C3 and R1 are used for setting the upper frequency cut-off. Network comprising of C6 and R4 is used for frequency stabilization and to prevent oscillation.

Well,according to TDA2003’s PDF,it also has a lot of good features like short circuit protection,ease of assembly,space and cost saving or low harmonic and cross-over distortion,etc.

I would like to ask that: can we use this circuit for a 40W 4

ohm speaker. Please suggest me some other amp circuit in case

we cant use this circuit with 40W 4ohm load.

Thanks in advance.

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    I have a chinese Acoustic brand practice amp, a "B 20" and it uses an "amp-on-a-chip" for it's power section. It works fine, and doesn't sound horrible when it's overdriven. So, YES, those chips are practical for a small bass amplifier, but I'm sure you need a preamp circuit to properly drive the power amp chip.