1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

suggest me some cologne

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I am looking to buy a reasonably priced bottle of cologne for myself. I have never bought any before, but i want some suggestions before i go to the store to check some out. I really dont know how much the stuff costs, so if you could post the price too that would be great.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just shower regularly and use deodorant.

3. nautica competition.

4. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    I use Burberry London for men. Small bottle in the $55-ish range, larger bottle in the $65-ish range.

Do us all a favor, go easy when putting on whatever you buy. If you put on multiple sprays we WILL come hunt you down with a match in hand. :D It's a lot more potent than aftershave.

Rule of thumb is that it's there for when someone gets in close, not for when you walk into the same building.

-Mark

PS-when in the store, once you've found one you think you like, spray just a little onto your wrist. Go walk around the mall for awhile. The scent will change after it's had a chance to mix with your skin chemistry, and THAT is the true measure of how it will smell on you.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    +1

7. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    for fall, i LOVE Givenchy Pi- its a little heavy for day wear, but perfect for fall evenings.

8. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

WD-40

9. my ex liked when i wore curve for men.

10. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I use Old Spice deodorant. Make sure to buy the scent "swagger" (sic). It clearly states on the package that it's the official scent of confidence.

11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
  12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Nothing says class like some Avon Musk from one of those old glass cars, or horses, or trucks.

Vintage styling with a wonderfully pungent stench.

13. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Obsession .. every girl i've ever met has always loved it :D

14. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    the only cologne i've used was 'safari' by ralph lauren. i like it, its kindof sweet and citrus-y, not like like the typical burnt and dark smelling ones. not too expensive either.

but around the people i know, general consensus is that 'aqua di go' (sp.?) is the best. and thats $$$$

15. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Black by kenneth cole.

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I don't enough have money for cologne. That's food for two weeks, or 10 packs of cigarettes!*

*plus cigarettes make you smell like death anyway, thus negating the point of the cologne

17. Bottom line: unless you are trying to pick up dudes, don't ask them how you should smell.

Let a female pick out the cologne. I find the younger girls at the counter are generally less likely to sell you on something made to attract octogenarians ("we've got this nice gallon of Hai Karate in the back room!"). They figure they're gonna make the cash anyway, so they'll be giving you an honest opinion.

Feel free to bring Bruce Lindquist along for the ride, I'll stick with ladies.

Mike

18. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    Nautica-Island Voyage

Kenneth Cole-Black

Kenneth Cole-R.S.V.P

These are all good.

19. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    +1
    I had some cologne like that from a horse head bottle, that was flammable!!! never got worn just used to set fires.

I'd say Candies For men I rarely if ever wear any of it. and If I do its very little
    http://www.amazon.com/Liz-Claiborne-Candies-Men/dp/B0002F1TG2

20. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyaki, I love it .