Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

suggest some effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Antipop, Nov 2, 2002.

1. I was curious if anyone can help me (well I am on TB, there is always help). I was wondering if anyone could suggest me some of the following effects that sound good and have a bypass that is close to true.

flange
    phaser
    wah
    delay

Thank you in advance for your help :D

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    for wah, maybe a teese real mccoy wah.

but they're expensive ($200+).

as for delay...good luck. i like the new digitech one. still not sure if i'll get it, though.

3. Dunlop Crybaby and BOSS Overdrive...

MMMM DEAR GOD MMMM

4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I can tell you what I use now and have used in the past. You should judge for yourself:

Flange - EH Electric Mistress - If you really want a dedicated flanger, this is the sh*t. Bypass is not great, but ok. Currently I use a Fulltone Chorus-Flange.

Phaser - MXR phase 90 RI, w TBP mod. Ok phaser, I am looking to replace it, possibly with a Sobbatt PB-2. Thick, gritty phasing sound.

Wah - Used to have an RMC, the one with the 9 dip switches, never got a sound I liked. Now use a MoogerFooger Low Pass filter which is technically an envelope filter, but you can attach an expression pedal and make it into a Wah. Bypass sucks. You will need a TBP box. Awesome sound.

Delay - Using an Akai Headrush. Love it.

5. tequonic

tequonic

Oct 29, 2002
    Toms RIver, NJ
    for a phaser i use a smallstone, the thing sounds awesome. its got two types of phase, one is all about the lows and is very thick. the other is more about the highs and is cool also. i got it for 30 bucks off ebay too. it was an awesome deal.