1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

suggested price of Fender 1978' Precision Fretless bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boriology101, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    Hi,

Now I am selling my Warrior bass on Craigslist (I did not put my ad here since I'm in Canada and I just wanted to sell it locally..) And one person sent me an email and he offered his old fender 1978 precision to trade with my bass. His bass is all-parts original with "un-lined" maple one piece neck. The trade-in value of his instrument that he suggested is $1700, and I am not sure that's right price for his bass. I assume his bass is in flawless working condition with some cosmetic damage on here and there just like an old fender.

I tried to do some research in here but I could not find good price info yet. Sorry, I haven't got the pictures of the bass from him yet. I will update this thread with pictures as soon as I get them from him.If anyone has an idea about the current value of fender 78 precision fretless, I would really appreciate for that...

Thank you.

2. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    my 78 fretted maple neck was $1200. from what i've heard, and i could be wrong on this, but a fretless maple neck, though rare, may not be desirable as a "player". unlined, rosewood fretless i think would be a different story.

3. Any where from $1500 to $2300+ depending on condition.I know one thing,they are hard to find..and each time I see one they go for more than the last one.As far as being a player...I think I like my maples better than my rosewoods.Grab that Bass while you can.

My 78s

P8080047.

P8080024.

P6130086.

P6130079.

Cheers.

4. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    thank you a lot guys!

5. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    the first one... that's really beautiful... is that a refinished one? I like the finish of that bass, it looks so nice!

6. Hey Bori...That is a vintage Fender 78 neck,all stock.The body and pickguard is from Warmoth,factory painted.I couldn't be happier with their work.It's an Antigua burst.One of the hardest to find.A member here has an original,I had to settle for half of an original.Thanks.

Cheers.

7. fullbass

fullbass

Dec 31, 2008
    Madrid (España)
    Hello, I have a 78 fretless precision. I can not sell because I love it. I bought in London for many years ago and has a switch that is not worth it. It is a bad beast.

precisionfretless-1978.

8. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    I have a 78 maple neck fretless P that I modified with a Bart P/J. Sounds KILLER, not sure what the resale would be with the mods.

9. FenderP

FenderP

May 7, 2005
    Last year, I found a '76 maple fretless P when I was in Japan (of all places; I went there looking for Japanese stuff lol). I finally had it set up and it's a great bass. I paid about the equivalent of about $1500 - $1600, so somewhere in that range (+/-) with decent condition is pretty fair.

Don't get me wrong - I love my Rob Allen Deep 4, but the P is a player all the way.

10. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    Sting played one in the early years of the Police. That's good enough for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.