1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggested Repertoire for Rock, Pop, Country, Blues?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rickter, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    So I'm sitting here practicing random songs that I like and the thought crosses my mind that if I want to get out there and get more frequent and better gigs, I should develop a better repertoire in the various musical styles I would like to play.

So, being a Nashville resident, I'm interested in what any other Nashville based bassists have had requested at auditions. Does anyone, not necessarily from Nashville, have any input on the songs that they have seen more frequently during auditions for rock, pop, country or blues gigs. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Periododically I pull up Top 100 by Genre from Billboard and go through them.

lots of things I don't enjoy but it does improve my response time in auditions.

NAshville, sky scrapers and everything....

3. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    That's a great suggestion. Thank you.
    I guess a better way to phrase the original question would be, are there certain songs that you see requested at auditions more often?

StyleOverShow likes this.