1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestion for a chorus pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joemer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. joemer

joemer

Sep 25, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Anyone have a suggestion for a good chorus pedal ? Just purchased a LM 2 amp which I am playing through the 102 traveller 2x10 and a GK goldline 2x10. I am using a Boss enhance/limit pedal and just want to get a basic, but good quality chorus pedal. Just stopped using a bass pod and trying to go back to basics with just a couple of pedals to tweak my sound- thanks for any help with this.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    How much you looking to spend?

3. joemer

joemer

Sep 25, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I was thinking around $100 ?

4. atlboriqua

atlboriqua

Nov 13, 2007
    Boss's CEB Bass Chorus pedal would be a good choice. It has two outputs to play in stereo and you can get a pretty good range of choruses, from suttle to really deep. I just purchased one and its works great.

I set the filter on it so the chorus effect only applies to the notes that I play in the upper register of the fretboard. It really fills out those notes.

5. +1 on the Boss. It leaves the lows intact without excessive harshness on the high end.

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i have an ehx small clone (non -nano) and i'm pleased with it. obviously if you're looking for a complex chorus this pedal would not be for you since it only controls rate and has a depth switch.

7. You can probably find a used Visual Sound H20 for $100 without too much trouble. I got mine for $90, and I absolutely love it. The chorus is nice and lush and fat, and the delay is very warm and analog-sounding.

8. Digitech Bass Multi Chorus is a great (underated) and cheap chorus pedal.

IMO it's better than the boss CEB-3, but that doesn't mean I'm right :)

9. I'll also throw in the EHX stereo electric mistress - great on bass, and it has a flanger in parallel = awesome sounds!

10. Another +1 on the Boss unit, I own one and use it with other effects simultaneously and it works like a charm :bassist:

11. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    I'd say for your price range the Boss bass chorus is prolly the way to go...I will note though, that if you wanted to go for a super boutique chorus pedal down the road you should check out the Diamond Halo Chorus. I am using the Boss bass chorus at the momment and it's pretty good and gets the job done but the Diamond will be where I go if I go higher end than that. Good luck with the search!

12. Col200

Col200

Feb 18, 2007
    my favorite chorus sound is out of a ADA flanger =\

13. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I hear some other people saying that the Boss Chorus Ensemble is better than the Bass chorus... any thoughts on this?

14. cabrego

cabrego Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Buy yourself a Fender Starcaster chorus pedal from Target or Best Buy. That pedal rocks hard. You can get the Tool 46 and 2 sound out of it. My locat Target has them on sale for 35 bucks right now.

15. I can also get that same "46 and 2" sound out of my boss bass chorus pedal :D but I have also tried that starcaster chorus and it also gets the job done...the boss units are easier to find though (where I live anyway)

16. JFace

JFace

Apr 17, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    The nice part about this comparison is that you can try it out at just about any guitar center. That's what I'd recommend.

17. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Another +1 on the CEB-3. I just purchased one a few days ago and I am loving it. This pedal does have a great "46 and 2" sound to it. I love that song!!!

18. Boss is probably a good and safe bet, but don't overlook the Danelectro Cool Cat series chorus. I just got a Cool Cat Vibe, and it's very nice. And from what I've read, the chorus is supposed to be good too.

19. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The CEB-3 is very cold-sounding.

That's the extent of my experience with chorus pedals.