1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestion for a humbucker in a Fender MP Tele

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AaronVonRock, Apr 19, 2015.

1. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    telebass2. I have a Fender Modern Player Telecaster than I really enjoy playing. My only gripe about it is the design flaw in the bridge pickup. The bridge pickup and neck pickup are identical in size, so the poles on the bridge pickup don't align with the strings properly. I've adjusted the poles to get more uniform volume on each string but it still bugs me.

I have zero experience with replacing pickups. I usually just stick with whatever comes stock. The MP Telecaster has two big humbuckers. Any suggestions for a good replacement for the bridge pickup for this particular bass? Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. MasonMinor

MasonMinor

Nov 29, 2014
    Kentucky
    Could you post a picture of the bass for us?

3. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Done.

4. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Pole pieces aligning with the strings is merely cosmetic. You do understand that, right?

But Curtis Novak Dark Star.

5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    The A and D strings are much louder than the E and G strings. From what I've read and have been told, this is due to the bridge pickup not aligning with the E and G strings properly. There is a very noticeable different in volume. I raised the poles on the bridge pickup and it helped to level out the output. Is it really just cosmetic? Legit question, I'm not being snarky.

6. MasonMinor

MasonMinor

Nov 29, 2014
    Kentucky
    Yeah, the only noticable non-cosmetic effect should be the slight imbalance in volume. Which you have fixed. So yeah, it's cosmetic. Beautiful bass by the way!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015