Suggestion For 'treblely' strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Timbo, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Does anyone know any strings off hand that are are particularly trebley ( sp? )
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Rotosounds RS 99's are supposed to be pretty darn bright. So are DR Hi-Beams I think.
  3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I like Sadowsky Stainless Steel strings for bright sounds.
  4. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
  5. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    try the new d'addario pro steels. Pretty bright. They claim it gives a "piano-like" sound. They are bright.
  6. Practically anything stainless steel will give you a good, bright sound. +1 for the DR's. Lighter guage strings will help a bit too.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Was just about to suggest those. I happen to like them very much!

8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Zon Ultrasonic SS strings are really zingy.
  9. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +2. After Ernie Ball (I dunno why, I'm hung on those though), I love DR Hi-beams.

10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Something stainless steel.
  11. or nickelwound. I've been using nickelwound lately and they're pretty damn bright.
  12. For an evenly bright string, I would suggest the Fender stainless rounds.

I originally had them on my geddy when it came new, and I put them on my TBC, and they are great great strings. Smooth feeling, great low, mid, and high end response.

And I guess an additional +1 for DR's, they're good strings too.
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea some nickels are dang bright. Most are new but some retain it.
  14. Elixirs are nice and bright. Most of the other strings I've used wear out in anywhere from 3-7 days.

I'd say your best bet would be to get good pickups before getting strings. Go active if you want nice treble.
  15. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Are you sure about that? Were they the Nanoweb coated strings? If so, it's my experience that those are the deadest sounding strings out of the box that I have ever tried.
  16. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I have EMG HZ's with an aguilar obp 3 pre amp I think, lots of treble, and bass boost ( euro 5 ). Its just if you kick it high, and put the amp high the hiss gets a little bit irritating. So I am just looking for some strings to help rid of the hiss without loosing much treble..

Thanks for the responses, i'll go pick up some new strings one of these weeks..
  17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Are the D'addario Pro Steels as bright as DR High Beams?
  18. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Well, it's been a while since I used Hi-Beams, but the Pro-Steals are pretty bright strings, probobly every bit as bright as Hi-Beams I'd say.