1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggestion Needed: Used Warwick Corvette Standard Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassistI7, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I decided to buy a fretless bass. After much search, narrowed down to used German Warwick Corvette Std fretless(read some good reviews at TB and I’m interested in German made ones). I found one at GC, which is within my budget. Specs: The body is Bubinga and the neck is Ovangkol with a Ebony fretboard. Model Year: 2004.

But the bass has some fretboard wear (pics attached). Since, I don't have any idea on fretless, please suggest whether is this fretboard wear is OK Let me know whether I can go ahead with this purchase or not.

:help:

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    Marks on the board are normal with wear and tear. Just make sure that they are not grooves. If they are only superficial, you are good to go.

3. The Wiz

The Wiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Pomona
    If they arent indents and they are just scratches, this is totally normal.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hi Don,

You shouldn't be too worried about those marks on the fretboard...like previous posters have mentioned, it's caused by normal wear and tear. Down the road, you can always have the neck replaned by a good luthier if it really starts to bother you.

Anyhow, I hope you've chosen to spring for the bass. The German Corvettes Std's are killer instruments! Post some more pics (and maybe a sound clip) if you do!

Lastly, give us a call at Warwick/Framus NY Custom Shop if you have any more concerns (212) 777-6990 -- we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Jesse at Warwick USA

5. samtastic

samtastic

Jan 24, 2011
    Buy it!!!!

I bought one in 2000 and I love it.
    Mine has wear on the fretboard but it still plays awesome.

6. Take it home! That looks fine & says it was well loved & played by its previous owners.

7. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    it has the classic wood combo too.
    should sound killer.

8. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    I have one very much like that, purchased used in 2002 for $400 or so. Near new condition. Looks beautiful and sounds wonderful... and plays very nicely. I put flatwounds on it last year (kept the roundwounds for future use).

Enjoy!

9. I have a '07. Buy it. Those marks are probably superficial and you can get a guy to smooth them out if they bother you. They wouldn't bother me.

10. Thanks all.

I placed the order :hyper: