1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestion on preamp pedals that work well with IEM's without need for a poweramp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mettec, May 30, 2017.

1. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Not sure if this is the correct thread or should be in pedals and effect thread but anyways, i play in a modern country group and we all use IEM's with no speaker cabs on stage except I do have a cab for bigger stages or out door shows. I am currently using my Genz Benz ShuttleMax 12.2 head as my preamp or power amp when using a speaker cab.

My current setup is as follows:

I use a Shure GLXD16 wireless system into a EHX Epitome pedal then to the input of the Genz Benz.
    The D.I. of my Genz Benz goes to a Behringer x32 Producer mixer and a Ethernet Cat6 cable links from mixer through 4 different Behringer P16 personal mixers for the in ears
    The outputs of the my IEM tranmitter L/R connect to my Behringer P16's L/R inputs.

I would like to go with a preamp pedal to taylor my sound to the PA and IEM without the bulk of using a large bass amp when not using a cab on stage.

Any suggestions on good preamp pedals that would still have plenty of level for the IEM and be able to use a number of effects after the preamp.

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

2. So long as the last one has a DI out you are golden.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021