Suggestion to Cab Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thumpinthenight, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Thumpinthenight

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Most of the time I end up carrying my bass cabs around myself. All the cabs I have seen (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), have only horizontal carrying handle bars on both sides. It would be a heck of a lot easier if there were also VERTICAL handles on the sides, below the horizontal ones, so it is ergonomically correct when you "bear hug-carry" the cab like I do. Just my patent-pending thought for the day :)
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I think it would be a good idea but not vertical, vertical would hurt your wirsts even more. It would need to be angled so you still get lifting capabilities and the nice feature of hand position.
  3. jad

Aug 29, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unfortunately, making your gear easier to move is not a high priority of any of the manufacturers. It adds expense and doesn't make the gear sound any better. I wish it was a higher priority for manufacturers because I'm basically lazy. And I'm not alone because TBers are always complaining about moving their stuff.
  4. I know what you mean, Thump, I often carry my cab sideways so that the handles are vertical. It's actually a lot easier to bear-hug carry a cab than to lift, saves your back some work.
  5. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    maybe not straight up and down vertical, but 45 degree angle or something would be good... i agree though, that when you lift it up, the bear hug is the best carry for a fat cabinet... :bassist:
  6. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    How about a handle with a trigger that'll let you set it in multipal positions.
  7. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Unfortunately, the best handle is no handle. The more wood you cut out of the cab and the more handles you put in, the more you alter the sound of the cabinet.
  8. I seriously doubt 6cubic inches is going to make a huge difference to your sound...
  9. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    well, honestly, the best handle is the one the road crew is using to move your gear while you're chilling in the dressing room looking for brown m&m's ;)
  10. After doing my back in quite badly yesteday I've decided that:
    a) Pop-out/spring loaded handles are terrible
    b) I need my own personal Roadie