Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggestions anyone???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, May 19, 2005.

1. Okay, this weekend I, my girlfriend, a buddy and a female friend of his are taking a trip to either Sam Ash or Guitar Center in Orlando. (Haven't decided which store to go to of either chain, 2 of each in "O-Town.") Anyway, I am in the market for a mid-mid/high end range basses (500-800) and right now, I'm having trouble finding what I should try out. On my list is the Schecter Stilleto series, and an MTD Kingston 5 string (minus pickguard, tans amber if avail.) But thats only like 4 or 5 basses, what else should I look for in this range? I am not truly biased or swayed towards or away from certain brands, but I am specific in my specs... sorta.

5 string, or 4 if 5 aint available.
    active pups, or preamp.
    nice eq.
    would love a mahogany body.

Im looking to play hard rock, and some metal. ie Hard Rock= Staind(all), Chevelle, Godsmack, Seether, Sevendust, etc, etc. Metal= Pantera, TOOL, Mudvayne, dope, etc, etc.

All fomrs of feedback is appreciated,
    Thanks, Ryan.

2. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
  3. Mob

Mob

Jan 12, 2005
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Man, I would not even bother with GC or Scam Ash if I were going to O'do. Bass Central should be your only destination.

5. I'd suggest to make out a tentative list of basses you want to try, but try as many basses as you can get your hands on, even if they're a little out of your price range.

You'd be surprised at which basses you might think are not so impressive, but will speak to you when you play them.

Keep an open mind.

Good luck.

Mike

6. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    +1 on BassCentral big time! At GC and SA, you'll most likely be the most knowledgeable person there in regards to bass gear!

7. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    did anyone say, Bass Central?..:)
    I have a 2-year-old MTD K-Heir 4 with the weird pickguard.. made a few mods (barts,tri-coil,bad ass II)but it's still a keeper...:)