Suggestions/Comments For The Pedal Board I've Planned...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 21, 2005.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I've planned out my future pedal board and am looking for some suggestions or comments from you effects gurus.

I already have the two EHX pedals, and the Guv'nor, and the Crybaby should arrive some time this week. Also, when I get paid next week, I should be able to purchase one of the Aphex pedals.

Now, there's a few things I haven't fully decided. For example, I may buy a BBE Sonic Maximizer instead of the Bass Xciter, because I don't need two DIs, and the BBE does the same thing for much less money.

Also, I can't decide whether to use the Guv'nor for overdrive and the Jackhammer for distortion, or to use the Guv'nor for distortion and buy a Marshall Bluesbreaker for overdrive, instead of buying the Jackhammer.

So as you can tell, I need tonnes of advice. Any and all is appreciated.

P.S. Thanks again to Petary for the geeked rig.
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Looks good.

Add a delay or reverb and a synth.
  3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Looks good.. I agree with adding a Reverb... possibly a chorus...

I'd switch some of the pedals around. Move the OD/Distortion stuff after the Punch Factory, before your Wah.

Stick the Chorus -> Reverb before the Bass Xciter/Sonic Maximizer.
  4. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    just to let you know, the guv'nor is an overdrive not a distortion.
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'd but the compressor after the wah and distortion to even out peaks.

You should have at least one of the dist/od/fuzz pedals before the wah as IMHO it's where they sound best.

Big Muff should be first as per the general rule for most fuzz's.

I'd consider the guyatone HD-2 for distortion instead and the guyatone fuzz instead of the big muff I think it's the TZ-2.

Also I'd run the small stone later on in the chain as well, somewhere after dist and wah but before compression

Also personally I always prefered the tone of the Aphex Exciter before any pedals