1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions for a 2nd cab for my recent acquisition of a Schroeder 1010R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    i just got a 1010R for $300 and just elated with the sound. I know understand why some people like it and some don't. it definitely has it's own voice. I am using a Superfly that is (2)X250 watts and not bridgeable. In a recent post it was recommended to me to get some new cabs because the (2) Yamaha BBT110s were not cutting it. The 1010R has made a dramatic improvement and I would like to add a second cab for the other power amp. I am looking for something to compliment the 1010R. I noticed that a open B was lacking and looking for some rounder tone on the bottom. I need a 4 ohm cab that is efficient since I believe that the 250 watt rating is somewhat overated in the Superfly. (but I do love the sounds that I get from it!!)

I was thinking about a Bag End S15 but have not seen any in 4 ohms. Would a 12" do the job? :meh:

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    check out DR Bass cabs.

3. get another schreoder(sp?)

4. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Dr Bass is definitely on the list. Love to have another Schroeder but a little pricy for me. I lucked out finding the deal on the 1010r.