suggestions for bridge replacement on a Roger Waters sig

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tmdazed, May 8, 2016.

1. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    hey all , I picked up one of these in a trade, I hated the 1/4 pounder that came in it , changed out to a geezer butler sig P-set, now I am not crazy about the bridge , I am looking for suggestions on replacing the OE one , sooooooo, fire away, but please remember , I am not here to debate the merits of the bass its self, its actually a nice player and with the geezer pick up I love to tone, so please , suggestions

2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Pretty much any direct drop in for a Std Fender 5 hole will work. What don't you like about the old bridge?

3. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    sustain isnt great and I find unless you blue loctite the jack screws, the D and A strings back out , I am looking for a nice solid heavy mass bridge , I am wondering what others experience with after market replacements

4. In your original post, you said that you loved the bass' tone. With that being said, a high mass bridge may not be desirable, as it is going to change the tone. Unless you prefer the change in tonality, you should be looking at traditional style low mass bridges.

Hipshot makes a nice one.

5. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    I am always open to tonal changes , but yeah correct , it could be an expensive dislike if I do not like it , though I have played Fender P's with a badassII on them and liked the tone off of those too , thats kinda why I am looking for anecdotal stories of good brands , low mass/high mass , how it affects the tone and sustain , etc

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021