Suggestions for performance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Circus, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Well, my teacher always books the local theater and kind of does a showcase of his students, and I was just thinking what you guys suggest for my piece. I was thinking around the world (rhcp). I know its easy, but its simple and has a little something for everyone. Other than that I was thinking Classical Thump, or welcome to this world. What do you suggest? Feel free to make other suggestions that will really make me stand out.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think the thing about bass music, is that since people generally don't consider bass a solo instrument, it is best to play something that they'd recognize but kick it up a notch.

Like jaco did with all his various quoting during solos, or manring with his brilliant arrangement of purple haze.

things like that get people like "whoa, yeah, that's neat!"

whatever you do, do it with a lot of confidence, the audience doesn't want to see a nervous player, they want to see someone who will entertain them. Being confidant and engaging makes it more fun than just seeing some guy go up on stage and start playing, even the most amazing piece ever.