1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

suggestions needed. i is idiot

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dudemanvic, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dudemanvic

dudemanvic

Mar 14, 2007
    I have a digitech bp200, only reason i use it is for the whammy feature, but since I scarcely use it, I want to find a way to run it so that i can have just my bass to my main pedalboard to my amp. now heres where the fun begins and my brain functions end, i recently had an issue where a bad patch cable basically ruined a show for me, and to quickly solve an issue like this I wanna be able to pretty much bypass my entire pedalboard so that its just my bass to my amp. at the same time though I want to be able to run my bass, pedalboard, and "whammy" (multi-effects) at the same time for when i mix effects, or just have my bass to the multi-effects. if I haven't lost you yet, awesome. here's where I'll try to make this more understandable, I want to be able to run my bass to my board, to my multi-effects to my amp, but be ableto also remove say my board so that its just my bass to my multi-effects, or remove multi-effects so it's bass to board, or just bass to amp. god i hope this makes sense to at least 1 person here. any help on how to do this would be so much appreciated! thanks for at least making the attempt to make sense out of this! thanks guys!

2. Being only moderatly confused...I assume you want to run 3 seperate channels right? That's do-able...Tim C does!

But I don't understand why you would want to go about it this way? Why not just get one of those true bypass strips and click on whatever you like?

3. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Paragraphs, man, paragraphs!

4. bigbassman8342

bigbassman8342

Apr 4, 2009
    I think he want to run 4 seperate channels. bass>amp, bass>pedalboard>amp, bass>multieffects>amp, and bass>pedalboard>multieffects>amp. somthing like that right?? idk much about effects just pretty sure i understand what he want so true by pass strip may be better for him that the (insert big number or correct number) of AB switchers that my mind is seeing

maybe six is right but i'm no expert
    and AB is the switcher pedal i'm basing this off the the boss two AB-2 two way selector but you gotta find one your happy with i've also never hooked up more than one of them so not sure how tone suckage is and what not.
    Bass>AB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AB>Amp
    >AB>>>>>>>>>>AB>AB>>>>>>>>>>>>AB>
    >Pedal Board> >Multi-Effects >​

5. umm- ya.... im going to play the slightly confused card here. however- i would highly suggest doing a search for series/parallel loopers. if youre wanting to mix multiple signals- which i kind of think you do- then you want parallel. i am not aware of any prefab ones that do more than two channels- though that doesnt mean they dont exist.

you may be in need of a custom unit- but i would first suggest clarification- and probably simplification as well. trust me- i ran a lot of overlycomplicated setups before i found a more elegant solution. restate your question- maybe a crude ms paint signal chain pic- as im a visual learner.

6. Sounds to me like you just want a 2 channel bypass looper with a master bypass. It would look like this:

Input jack from your bass,
    One switch controls a send and return loop to your board (you may not need a return for this, that would change this a bit).
    One switch controls a send and return loop to your multi.
    One switch bypasses the whole contraption to your...
    Output jack to your amp.

Loopmaster is popular for this.

7. dudemanvic

dudemanvic

Mar 14, 2007

actually that's exactly what I'm wanting to do! that's actually the cleanest way I've seen that explained. now actually setting that kind of thing up might be a bit of a pain. THANKS GUYS!