Suggestions on 3/4 Bass Stand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by jeffalb, Oct 1, 2003.

1. jeffalb

Sep 8, 2003
    Brand new bassist needs recommendations
    on a quality upright bass stand.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hi Jeff,

Welcome to TB. I moved this your thread to the right forum, and ran a quick search that should get you started. Click Here.
  3. I got the basic folding bass stand from Lemur Music a few years back, and it works just fine.

4. I bought the Meisel stand a few years ago and it works quite well. It's definatey not portable though, if that matters to you. I would just reccomend staying away from the stands with the litle cup that your endpin goes it; they've always seemed really unsafe to me and I've heard some scary stories from shop owners...
  5. Gufenov

Jun 8, 2003
    Does anyone have any experience with the wooden stand that I've seen advertised on ebay a few times? It's supposed to be a stand that doubles as a stool. It seems kinda handy, but I didn't want to experiment with $75 to find out. Much better to make it $125 and gamble on strings, instead!
  6. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    hmmm...that's odd about the stands with the little cup on the end. I've had one for several months and really like it. No problems at all. Of course, it just gets used in my studio and not out on gigs. What stories have you heard about them?
  7. They just seem really unsafe to me because they're not too sturdy, and the arms are all floppy and adjustable. Justnot something I'd trust by instrument in... And I've heard some horror stories from other people who have had basses knocked ove/ out of those stands. IMO, the best place for a bass is really either on the floor in a safe place, or in a corner with a bungee cord or something.
  8. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, like I said, i only use it at home and it seems sturdy enough IMO...I tried propping my bass in a corner and it fell over after someone caused the wall to shake (from upstairs no less). After that, I have used the stand with great success, not that my walls are shaking that much anymore. :D