Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggestions on a good active 4 sting neck through to practice on daily...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by apostle, May 26, 2002.

1. apostle

apostle

Apr 10, 2002
    I'm looking for a nice 4 string bass that won't break the bank to practice on daily and work out with so to speak...

I have my killer $ axes already, but I would like to find that prefect practice bass that I can experiment with and test out new things on as well.

I would prefer a neck through active bass with a good sound so any ideas would be appreciated.

I was told that the DeArmond Pilot Deluxe would meet and exceed my expectations, but I can't get my hands on one locally to test out and look over...

I was looking through some pass treads and I was thinking about the Copley as well, but it appears that only the neck through 5 string is worth looking at and the other four strings included don't seem to be put together or sound as well and that one individual model.

I don't mind going bolt on if the sound is there. I just don't want to get any ole bass especially if it looks like it was constructed in the dark in a race...if you catch my drift.

Thanks in advance and have a blessed day.

Apostle
    :)

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I was just recently exposed to the DR heartfield's which where a highend fender product but aren't real expensive. The is a heartfield custom which is a neck-through model.

they are really cool basses and have an XLR out for recording or live direct.

you might check them out.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I understand you dont want to break the bank. But what price range are you willing to spend?