1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggestions on a good active 4 sting neck through to practice on daily...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by apostle, May 26, 2002.

1. apostle

apostle

Apr 10, 2002
    I'm looking for a nice 4 string bass that won't break the bank to practice on daily and work out with so to speak...

I have my killer $ axes already, but I would like to find that prefect practice bass that I can experiment with and test out new things on as well.

I would prefer a neck through active bass with a good sound so any ideas would be appreciated.

I was told that the DeArmond Pilot Deluxe would meet and exceed my expectations, but I can't get my hands on one locally to test out and look over...

I was looking through some pass treads and I was thinking about the Copley as well, but it appears that only the neck through 5 string is worth looking at and the other four strings included don't seem to be put together or sound as well and that one individual model.

I don't mind going bolt on if the sound is there. I just don't want to get any ole bass especially if it looks like it was constructed in the dark in a race...if you catch my drift.

Thanks in advance and have a blessed day.

Apostle
    :)

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I was just recently exposed to the DR heartfield's which where a highend fender product but aren't real expensive. The is a heartfield custom which is a neck-through model.

they are really cool basses and have an XLR out for recording or live direct.

you might check them out.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I understand you dont want to break the bank. But what price range are you willing to spend?