suggestions on ABY BOX?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Aug 1, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    after a few people on here suggested running both channels of my 400+ to get a nice gorlwy overdriven tone, i've decided to look into one of these.

i am leaning towards the mesa boogie version, but can someone point out some other ones i can look into?

are all of them created equal?
  2. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    the guy who sold me the amp suggested these. any specific reason?
  3. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    1.) True bypass - you will not lose any signal when you turn it off
    2.) built like a tank
    3.) built to your exact needs
  4. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i think im going to look into this. id love to have something that doesnt color the tone like the sans amp does....

i know, it isnt a sans amp. i was told by a few tber's that you can get a nice overdrive when i run an aby box instead of the sans amp.

the sans amp when not engaged, adds something.
  5. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I am using a Morley ABY to do the exact same thing you have described and it works fine for me. However I traded a OD pedal for mine from my guitar player. If I were to buy one I would probably get a Loooper as well, though the Morley works just fine.

I have channel 2 set up as a boost/effects channel. Clean on channel 1 and then I can kick on channel two for a killer boost, or have effects on and ready to be used in conjunction with channel 1 so as to maintain better low end.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    theres also a company called startouch that makes quite like ABYs
  7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Had my Loooper for almost 3 years now. Works as great as the first day I bought it!
  8. go to radio shack buy a little box, two switchs, 3 1/4 female plugs. drill solder and wire it all together and boom you have an aby box for less than 20 bucks.
  9. yeah....and no buffers or nothin
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Loooper is great! BUT a Morley can be had easy for about $25. They're awesome too, can't be destroyed, but need a battery.