Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suggestions on how much to sell my amp for...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_player16, May 26, 2005.

1. Hey hey! I'm looking at getting a nice avatar cab and a new preamp and poweramp soon. But first i need some money. I'm looking to sell my Yorkville XM200T with the 15 inch extension cab, what I'm wondering is for anyone who has experience with these amps, or owns one, how much would you recommend selling it for? I was thinking since in total it was like 900-1000 when all was said and done, I could sell it for like 700-750ish maybe?

I've only used it live twice other then that its never been raised past 2 on the volume and I take absolutely amazing care of it. Any help is much appreciated with regards to selling prices. Oh and all the prices are in canadian currency.

thanks all

Jared

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    They sell brand new in the USA for $550. The extension cab can be bought for $430 brand new. $1000 new would mean you could get $700 or so for it.

-Mike

3. Thanks mike, so does that mean my guess was right then?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, you are pretty close. The one thing people sometimes fail to account for is demand for your item. I have been guilty of this. I post something for sale, and my price is what I think is fair. It very well could be fair, but if no one wants it, I have to lower my price even more to attract buyers.

If you hit the market with that rig at a bad time, you may only get $600 or less for it. It will also depend on how bad you want to sell it.

-Mike