1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions on how to repair this...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gribuski, Mar 21, 2009.

1. gribuski

gribuski

Aug 7, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Hey, so I've got an RC-20 loop pedal that my dumb-a$$ pulled up from my pedal board using one of the switches, and broke it. (Pic below). I'm sure I'm not the only person who's done this.

There's a little pin the goes in the front that catches on the loop (that I broke). Now, the switch is all sticking up in the air and whatnot. Any thoughts on the best way to close the loop?

I'm pretty handy at repairing crap, but I'm puzzled on this one. I have an idea to drill holes on each side and use a small metal dowel across to catch the pin.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Try taking a small, hard plastic or metal strip and super glue it to the inside

3. The metal pin idea is what immediately sprang to mind for me too, but what about cutting some of the spring off so the pedal naturally rests in the right place? it'd be a lot less fiddly.

4. gribuski

gribuski

Aug 7, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Niiiice. Never would have thought of that...I think I'll do that, in combination with something to cap off the hole (so it doesn't recoil too badly).

Consider it done.

Thanks!

5. Glad to be of service sir! :)