1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggestions on how to ship my rig & 3 instruments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SamJ, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    So I recently had a split with my wife and moved out from Portland OR, to San Fran, CA... I have a 2x210 rig with a amp head/effect rack and 3 instruments that I want to ship to Norcal. Anyone have a suggestion on how to most cost effectively go about doing this?

A reference to someone who can help in the Portland area would be great if that's possible.

Thanks

2. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I don't know about the amp and speakers, but I've heard people ship basses on Greyhound.

When I worked in the craft brewing industry, that was how we sent beer to competitions (GABF among others).

When I worked for a small winery, we'd ship via USPS as "grape juice". If they ever said "Hey, that's wine. You're not allowed to ship that!" the answer would have been "Gee, must have fermented after it was bottled".

Or we'd call it Analytical Samples, and address it to whomever with Dr. or PHd. after his name.

3. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    The basses are the easy part... I can fedex them.. the Amp and speakers are the large / heavy items that would cost a fortune on Fedex.. plus I don't have boxes strong enough for them..

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Honestly I think driving them yourself is the best solution if you can manage it.

T_Bone_TL, SamJ, TMARK and 2 others like this.
  5. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    one-way rental car?

SamJ likes this.
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I don't have any advice for you but I hope your doing well. Not to come off as too stalker-y but I did notice your absence.

SamJ likes this.
  7. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    thanks for asking... yeah, life has been a bit complex lately... an amicable divorce, followed by a short term intense relationship wth a woman too young, and too beautiful for my level of judgement left me in a bit of a mess... Trainwreck comes to mind. The accident scene has since been cleaned up and I'm trying to get my life back .. haven't been able to play my instruments in 6 months and missing them dearly!

Thanks again for the concern.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.