Suggestions on Online sites to buy from?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Aug 26, 2005.

1. LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    I am a lefty and as such am limited on the instruments available. I want to buy a nice 4 string fretless and will be searching the Atlanta area music stores but I would also be willing to buy online if I could find decent prices.
    I want to spend around $700. In the past month I have missed out on a Custom Shop Fender Jazz, American made Precision, and Rickenbacher 4001 all within that range. So I know a bass is attainable in the range.

Anyone have a suggestion on a site to visit? Of course I watch ebay constantly but at the moment there is nothing appealling.

2. I have had several good experiences with I would def. buy from them again. I have also heard great things about

3. In that price range... Bass Northwest is great (for mainstream and high end stuff), and Musician's Friend for lower cost stuff.
  4. I live 20 minutes from Bass Northwest :D

'tis truly a dangerous place to walk into. - Check it out for sure. They've got some great deals.
  5. God no, Music123 has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

American Musical is the absolute fastest I've experienced thus far.

Musicians Friend was decent.

Sam Ash is horrible.
  6. alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003

I just had the totally opposite experience with Music123. I just purchased a 60's Classic Jazz from them. A few days after I placed the order I found it cheaper else where. When I called them, they were right ontop of it, they ended up giving the bass cheaper then the second price I found and refunded my card the next day.

I also have had good luck with my fretless Jazz standard from them, and they also matched a lower price I found.
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    FWIW, I just ordered a Lefty Lakland USA JO Jazz 5 string from

8. reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    I've had good experiences with
  9. I've bought several items from M123. They have always done well EXCEPT in the last month or so as they have been moving their warehouses. They almost always will beat someone else's price but as long as they are still moving, STAY AWAY. BassNW gets many +'s from TB'rs. Musician's friend has also done a good job with orders as well.
  10. I jsut emailed Bass Northwest and they replied within 6 minutes! Now that's fast! I just had a simple price inquiry too. It must have taken them that long to find what I was looking for. They are great.

They also have the best customer service and will beat competitor prices. Definately go to them!
  11. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Have you looked at Carvin? You can build it to your specs, and there is no upcharge for a lefty or fretless. You can get a passive bolt-on or neck-through in that price range. An active neck-through will be a bit over your budget.
  12. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I ordered my Lakland 44-02D Fretless from .... Jong is the man.. period!
  13. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1 It took me almost took weeks to get my SKB case from them.
  14. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    this is ironic... i just got a lefty spector euro lx fretless from atlanta for $700 via ebay. crazy world we live in... i looked for a while to find a good fretless on the net, so good luck