Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

suggestions on swr sm900 and line6 basspodpro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundsyco, Jul 30, 2004.

1. soundsyco

soundsyco

Jul 30, 2004
    Hi I'm new here in these forums so bare with me. I'm just looking for some recommendations on what would be the best way to hook up my line6 bass pod pro to my swr sm-900 amp. Should I use the effects send and returns on my swr sm-900 or go straight from my line6 bass pod pro output to the input on the front of my swr sm-900. Oh I'm using 8x10 madison cab in case that makes a difference. Thanks

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    try it either way. whatever sounds best to you. however, if you hook your guitar into the pod and the pod into the front input of the 900 you'll be "preamping" twice and this could create unwanted hiss. maybe start with connecting from the 900 effects loop into the rear inputs and outputs on the pod.

man! their manual is confusing.....

3. soundsyco

soundsyco

Jul 30, 2004
    Thanks I tried both ways and the effects loop seems to give me what I want. I can have some of the pod's sound and the bul of the swr. Again thanks for the suggestion.