1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions on touring case for multiple basses

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by justinmikehunt, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hi all. Did some searching on this, and haven't found anything too useful yet.

I'm interested in getting a road case that can hold multiple basses/guitars. I think I would only really need on that holds 3 or 4, but other guys in the band may want larger.

I'm thinking the sort of cases that you see pro bands use. The best thing I can think of to call them is a guitar vault.

The only things I've been able to find online, are by A&S Case...
    http://shopping.ascase.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=10

Does anyone else know of any good cases like this? What should I expect for the weight of the case, and what to pay for a case?

Thanks a lot
    -Justin Hunt

2. jdb

jdb

Jun 18, 2007
    probably on the road
    endorsing artist: ampeg, dimarzio, dean markley, jim dunlop
    a&s is a great company, we have a guitar trunk made by them and it's been around awhile. it holds 6 guitars and 2 basses + extra crap you always need... cables and such.
    i must say it is large and a pain in the ass to move around, and we don't always take it on the road anymore. it was more useful when the shipping prices were based on a piece count rather than weight. now we have opted for individual flight cases.

3. jdb

jdb

Jun 18, 2007
    probably on the road
    endorsing artist: ampeg, dimarzio, dean markley, jim dunlop
    oh yeah, expect to pay around 1,000 bucks

4. Yeah, I imagine it would be a pain for us to move around. Since our gear is usually in a trailer, so there's no ramp to load it down, we'd have to lift the whole thing... Which I don't see being fun for very long...