1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions on what to do with my Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by impactwrench, Nov 29, 2010.

1. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Right now I'm playing either a 400RB-III or backline 600 into an Avatar B210 Delta and an SB112 neo. They make a nice little stack, but I blew the speaker on the 112. I'm trying to decide whether to replace the speaker for $95 (12LFA) to $170 (3012HO) or maybe just get a different cab, probably used. I have a rather large gift card for GC that I could use for an MBE 210 or 212 or 410, or maybe find a decent cab in store, used. Or maybe I could just sell off what I have and have a 15/6 or 12/6 built? I'll probably stick with GK heads for the long run, but maybe get an MB500 or repair a 700RB. I had been saving the GC card for a deal on an MB500. I'm kinda set on having 8 ohm cabs, so I can always run 2, but do you really need that option with a 15/6 (paired with avatar B210)? What suggestions can you give me?

I need to do something in the next few weeks since we'll start gigging again in January.

2. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    OK so repairing the 1x12 is now out of the question.

GK 212MBE vs Avatar TB153? Eventually I would probably stack 2 of the GK cabs.

The avatar is a bit heavier and definitely a wider cab, which would mean running it solo at gigs (cant fit 2 in car). Would I ever need a 2nd cab? I was comfortable playing 2 smaller cabs at gigs because if one blew out, Id have backup. Would I have to worry much about blowing a 3015LF?

3. Tasteebass

Tasteebass

Nov 30, 2010
    Crockett, CA
    I'm relatively new to the stacking cabs bit, but just went through the TB ringer to find out as much as I could about it. I ordered a 4ohm TB153. My amp goes to 2 ohms, so if needed, I could stack another 4ohm cab. Assuming I like the TB153, then the second cab would be another TB153, given all the posts on the benefits of cab matching. Especially at the price. The GK (which it seems you like) should be available for you to test out at GC, plus you have the gift certificate. If you dig the 212 with your rig, then stack that. I think it comes down to preference.

I don't have any exp with the 3015LF, but there are plenty of others who sing its praises.

4. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Looks like GC only offers it in 4 ohm. I don't know if I trust them to special order anything and I don't want to wait weeks either. Other than that, they have a $50 off of $349 coupon today. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. I'll have to stack it with my 2x10 avatar for a while. Amazon only has them in 4 ohm also. Is 8 ohm not out yet?

5. Tasteebass

Tasteebass

Nov 30, 2010
    Crockett, CA
    I can't seem to find the 8ohm version either