1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suggestions please :D!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DumbChild, Apr 4, 2006.

1. hows it going people.
    Ok ive recently been looking into getting myself a new bass. I have about 1-2 thousand dollars and i was wondering if u guys could suggest something that sounds and plays well, however has a fairly nice look so i can play with my mates. I was going to buy a Bc Rich, but seems that it is a waste of my time and cash, as they sound like they arnt all they are made out to be. Plus i couldnt play with one i think, because those bloody spikes would stab me as i play diagonally, lol. Buy anyway if you guys could suggest a few other bass guitars that are decent, id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    - Rikki

2. i think with all those money you can take a lot of good basses especially in used market.. you should try sadowsky or f-bass and also a lakland

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    MusicMan for sure, and also try out some of the Ibanez lineup.

If you like the looks of the B.C.Rich then go ahead and try them out, but make sure you pay close attention to how the bass you pick plays and sounds.

Did I already say MusicMan? :cool:

4. bassboy7

bassboy7

Jun 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Yea, for that much too, use it and try a warwick or two, a pedulla, Music Man, Lakland, and Fbass-mite be a strech..but yea...just always try before you buy

5. Ive been taking a look into these, and i like the idea of an Esp and the line up for musicman looks decent. What do you guys know about ESP?

6. bassboy7

bassboy7

Jun 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Yea, for that much too, use it and try a warwick or two, a pedulla, Music Man, Lakland, and Fbass-mite be a strech..but yea...just always try before you buy

7. Rikki - what sort of music do you play? Maybe look at what some of your bass influences play and think about their bass choices.

I come from the old world of Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, and the newer world of Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Flecktones...

My basses are a Fender Jazz V (Love it! Thanks again cb56!) and a Music Man Stingray 5. Both of them are exactly what I want for my kind of music.

8. if you really like BC Rich shapes, check out MCS. Moser custom shop is awesome. check out their import and templar lines, you can get really nice basses that still have some extreme shapes.

check out warwick too. the Buzzard and Vampyre are cool shapes, and Corvette's sound godly.

ESP offers some decent basses too, just as long as you get the good ones. i'd check out the F-404, EC-404, B-404, B-405, B-500. pretty much, anything that doesn't have a body made out of beaver puke (agathis).

Maybe make your own bass. check out warmoth...

The reason i chose to tell you about these moreso metal basses, is that i think you are interested in these. Most Jazz, funk or country western players usually aren't interested in the more extreme shapes.

good luck man!

9. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    In no particular order:

Euro Spector

Warwick

Fender Deluxe or Custom Shop

EB Music Man

Peavey Cirrus

Modulus Flea Bass

10. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
  11. Well u guys know some pretty nice basses, ive decided to get either an ESP or a warick, however the fender looks nice awell. Though im still choosing:p, thanks though guys!