1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions to shop for a Ric4003

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chronicle, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    hey guys i know i've asked this a hundred times but i want a solid list on where to shop for a 2006 midnight blue Rickenbacker 4003. In about 2-3 weeks, ill have enough money to buy one so i'm just looking where i could buy one. I checked the rickenbacker site and there's a couple of stores near me according to the website. But does the list mean they have sent those basses to the store or does it mean they have it in stock? i live in ny and wouldnt mind going to a guitar center or sam ash in nyc or a surrounding area to get one.

Any other suggestions like websites or something?

edit: what bout price too, lowest ive seen on a store's site was 1.2k

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
  3. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    I bought a new 4003 Blueburst w/ VTC from Russ at http://www.classicaxe.com/. Great service. Referred from Ricresource.com bass forum. Call him if his site doesnt have anything specific on it, he keeps many Ric basses in stock.

Check there also for used 4003's.

4. the montezuma brown basses look soo nice, never seen that color before and its 2006?

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY

cool i sent the guy from the 1st website a email requesting details on a ric. :)

6. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    bah the guy said he wont get any midnight blue 4003's in until the end of the year ._.

any other suggestions?

7. well its not too far away maybe you can wait alittle longer

8. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    the guy said he has a neww fireglo inm stock, ill get that :)

9. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Mike Parks from The Music Connection is fantastic. I got my Monty Brown 4003 from him.

10. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    If you can't wait, MF has mid blues in stock.

11. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    musician's friends? no they dont

12. anyonefortennis

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
  13. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    When you click on the availability link, it says 7/07 for every color.

14. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY

yep :/

15. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    I feel your pain. I'm GASing for a midnight blue 4003 as well, preferably new. It'll be a few months before I can afford one but I'm already looking. I've tried a few out (all have been Fireglo, which is beautiful but I REALLY dig the midnite blue) so the lust factor is extremely high. I loved the tone and the feel. So I know it's the bass for me.....just gotta find one.....

16. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY

haha same here... im just gonna get the fireglo since i can always get a midnight blue when they make a lot more! Fireglo is pretty hot too.

17. anyonefortennis

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, since all of you are full of money and out of patience, I'll sell mine for $1500 :)

18. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    you bitch, i already put a 20% deposit on that fireglo lol but that's okay- i wanted one NEW :)

19. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
  20. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    god damnit... i checked that site! lol.. great.. oh well ill stick with fireglo.

[​IMG]

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021