Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

suggestions wanted for linked brand-name amp threads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Jan 21, 2006.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hey there

this is something i should have gotten to a long time ago, but life intervenes.

i can't remember who 1st suggested it, but the idea came about that it would be a good idea to have some of the larger and more informative threads on specific brands of amps, cabs, etc, (and perhaps some of the more notable comparison threads) linked in one spot.

my idea is to have a closed thread linked in the "FAQ sticky". when you click on that link you get sent to that closed thread. In the closed thread there will be links to various exisitng threads that deal with various brands of amps, cabs, etc. (such as the trace elliot thread, the shroeder megathread, the peavey 400 thread, etc.)

so, this thread is a solicitation for ideas for threads that you feel should be linked for easy access.

when posting your ideas, post the actual links to the threads you think should be included, and when i have time, i'll start the whole process rolling

thanks

ivanmike

2. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bump again

3. That's a great idea. Regarding linking to existing threads, I've always found using the search function on this site rather difficult, since the real, hard, use based reviews of gear are usually just a couple of posts in very long threads.

My suggestion would be for you guys to identify a number of users of different widely used pieces of gear (Eden, SWR, Accugroove, Schroeder, Epifani, EA, etc.) and generate individual linked threads regarding pro's/con's, sound profiles, etc. for those often searched for brands.

I'd be glad to take part if that makes sense. If not, I'll be glad to help anyway withwhatever plan is finally adopted... let me know.

Ken

4. You could even give links to threads that are like "I have no idea what to get, but I know I want Hi-Fi sound" so then everyone looking for new gear for the hi fi sound would go there and look at all the choices discussed. I sure would appreciate threads like that to look at.

I also find the search function often unable to find what I'm looking for.

$0.02

5. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    all good suggestions kids, but gimme links to the threads that you want me to add. no need to make new ones, there are a ton of pre-existing threads which are great.

6. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  7. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  8. I haven't forgotten about you! Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Ken

9. Yes.

:p

10. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    i'm sure theres a massive avatar one around here.

and maybe an swr one.