1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions - Where to move up?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MirageBass, Sep 23, 2008.

1. The way I learn bass is through imitation - I learn complicated pieces, dissect them, and add it to my arsenal. For instance, one of the first songs I learned when picking up the bass again after a multi-year hiatus (with about only a month or two of real playing before that) was YYZ, which taught me cool fingering techniques and patterns. I moved on to Primus and learned slapping from Tommy the Cat. This goes on for a while - over the summer, I sat down and learned Stu Hamm's Flow My Tears, which taught me strumming up the neck, slide tapping, and other things. Since I liked his stuff so much, I sat down the other week and learned his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

My point is, do you have any suggestions as to what songs might teach me or reinforce new techniques especially? I was thinking of Wooten, but I really love Hamm's stuff, if you have any suggestions.

2. Vetchking

Vetchking Banned

Mar 17, 2008
    President G.P.G. Co. "acoustic" USA
    Vetchking here:

Try taking bass lessons.......... a compitant teacher can teach you stuff in a year that will take you 3 yrs on your own.........

WOW, are you ready to jump to light speed............ Later