Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003

I recently got a MIM Jazz bass.While I like it I would prefer a bass with a P-J config.I am thinking in the Fender style as in not Ibanez.The jazz is lacking some balls.Anysuggestions??
    Anything under a grand should be fine

2. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hmmm that looks quite good,Anyone else?
  3. Fender Aerodyne Jazz has P/J's. Looks amazing, but is a finger-print magnet!

4. PJs are for sleeping. Throw some DiMarzios in your Jazz bass and call it good!

5. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hmmmm that Reggie Hamilton looks tasty.Anyone have experience with them?
  6. Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    I would nt change it if i were you. Stick some Di marzios in it. That will make the world of difference. The stock MIM pickups are a bit thin. Also if you like the bass (payability etc) its worth sticking with what you know, on the other hand if you are suffering from GAS for a new bass I wouldnt blame you :D
  7. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You could always wire the hot from pickup to the ground from the other. Your pickups would be wired in series thus increasing the overall volume and bottom end close to 2-fold. This basically turns a jazz tone into a Pish tone. I've done this before on a Douglas Brice Jazz 5 with great results.

You would lose the ability to pan between pickups because both would become one big pickup. Worth a try and it would save you a bunch of money.