For Sale SUGI bass Japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by atom1962, Sep 30, 2017.

1. atom1962

atom1962 Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    Price:
    Strings:
    Left-Handed?:
    • Yes
    Hi..Sugi bass for sale ..this is fantastic bass made in Japan. The bass was made passive .. later on changed into active.... bass control is hidden inside the cavity.... bass is pretty light at. 8.15 ib. Shipped in good hard case...trying 1300 shipped tonite .......its a steal deal..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    KUETSUM, bofat and bassballs27 like this.
  2. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bass used to be mine- it has a bart tct preamp- it was originally vol vol tone - I didn't want to drill any holes and run my bass wide open so it's currently set up vol vol treble boost/cut with the bass pot cranked in the control cavity. Bass has a strong jazz bass flavor tone wise...
    If you are not familiar Sugi is one of the top builders in Japan - this bass build quality wise is on par with the big boys - fodera smith etc...bass was originally imported from Japan by me and I paid better than $2500 used for it... new these basses run in the $4k range

3. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    I've heard some good words about these basses from a friend of mine who lives overseas.
    Great seller here too folks! GLWTS Al!

atom1962 likes this.
  4. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

I may be going out on a limb here, but my gut tells me you might have a better chance of selling the bass if you posted an image of it, although that is an impressive headstock and bridge.

5. atom1962

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    Pictures are in.....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  6. 123321

123321 Am Comfortably Dumb...

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    This is the least expensive Sugi bass anyone's likely to see for a long while. These have major respect in Japan and are among their best, top tier instruments... Someone's getting a fantastic deal!!

7. atom1962

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    If i dont sell next 2 weeks i am keeping it..

8. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    I have a nb5 432 classic alder/hondus rosewood setup..they are just fine instrument made with care.

The fret work are speechless

I cant even see this used price in japan...

9. Wai Yuen

Wai Yuen

Feb 11, 2021
    Wonder if this Sugi are still available for sell ?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021