1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suhr 3-band preamp????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by melodicly, Mar 9, 2010.

1. melodicly

melodicly

Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I bought a Pedulla J2/5 and was told it has a Suhr preamp, but I can't find anything about a Suhr 3-band. It has vol, blend, stacked bass/mid and treble. It's a good preamp I would just like to know a little bit more about it. I may like to experiment with other pres as well at some point, but just need a link to some info. All I find is the Classic J 2-band pre. :confused: Thanks

2. brianh

brianh Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    I have a couple basses with the classic J 2 band, although I think I've seen a couple Suhr basses with 3 band. Great sound.

3. melodicly

melodicly

Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    is yours 9 or 18v? If I could figure out where to put the battery. I think the mid control could be a bit on the lower mid side, but don't know if it's adjustable or not, but adding a battery might beef that up a bit.

4. brianh

brianh Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    mine is just 9v, the jack is on the back of the bass

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020