1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suhr basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jzucker, Apr 5, 2006.

1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    What do you guys think of the Suhr basses?

2. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    bump

Come on. No comments from anyone? :)

3. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    I've heard that they are great basses, but I've never played one. If I remember correctly, Mr. Suhr was a principal luthier at another bass company (Fender?) before starting Suhr basses.
    Let me know if you get to play one.

4. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    They look very nice and I suspect very well built. John Suhr was at the Fender Custom Shop (I believe a "master builder") before going out on his own. There was a long thread about his work on the Fender Forum, Custom Shop sub-forum, some months ago.

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll let you know in about a week when I get mine. I bought a used one off of ebay. It's a jazz bass with rosewood board, bart electronics.

6. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Played one at NAMM. very, very, very well built. Has a distinct sound though. Sounds a little "woody" compared to the my Sadowsky. I don't like his headstock, but other than that, I'd consider one after Sadowsky and Lull.

7. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    I have played some of the older Pensa Suhr's he made with Rudy, very nice stuff.

8. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Those pensa surhs's look like real cool basses I'd like to try one someday.