1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suhr Class J odered

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stu Rose, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Greetings,

I have been looking for a good J Bass for a while, it's been about 8 years since I owned one, etc...

Anyway the search is over I hope, just "ordered" (spelled right) this Killer Looking and sounding Suhr Classic J from Rocket Music. I'm concerned about two things the weight about 9.6lbs and the 7.25 FB radius because I am used to a flatter 10-12 radius. Should have it on Tuesday cannot wait.

Greg put a sound clip of this bass on his sponsored site here on TB, the tone is amazing highs, lows and mids.

Attached Files:

2. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Wow, I love that finish. Absolutely beautiful!

I'm interested to hear what you think about the radius when you get it, because it's not something that I've ever personally considered when making an instrument choice. I hope you end up loving it! :)

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Very nice!

4. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Stunning ! would go nicely with my Classic J :D I'm gonna guess and say you will love that neck !

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I had a passive Suhr Jazz about 7 years nice bass.
    The 9.6lbs would be a problem for me. Since my Suhr weight in a 7.8lbs. For me any Jazz bass over 9 pounds is just to heavy.

6. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Nice! I'm a huge fan of their basses.

The weight isn't that bad, especially for a '70s style J. I'm sure that extra weight will give the bass some serious low-end balls.