Suicidal Tendencies

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by joshsmog, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Can anyone recommend me some albums/songs by suicidal tendencies? I downloaded a few and the ones I like so far is Lovely, Go Skate! and Heaven. If there are any other songs or albums that are similar to these songs can you list them? Thanks!
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    How will I laugh tomorrow, Trip to the brain, and Nobody hears are 3 I like from them.

PS, this belongs in recordings.
  3. a good album I like is "the art of rebelion". its not as fast and old school as the earlier stuff, more attention to melody and composition, which is cool. Lyrically, still there with the mikeo attitude. :hyper:
  4. also check out 'infectious grooves', mike muir's side project. very cool.
  5. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    human guinea pig, possessed, fascist pig, I saw your mommy, and ofcourse the whole infectious groove collection.
  6. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I second "The Art of Rebellion", "Asleep at the Wheel" is just too cool.

As stated before check out Infectious Grooves.
  7. The one that always seem to get me going is "Pledge Your Allegiance."
  8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I was always partial to "Feeding The Addiction" and "Gotta Kill Captain Stupid." Oh yeah and "You Can't Bring Me Down" is good too.
  9. Wow! Didn't know there was that many fans here. Thanks for all the suggestions. :hyper:
  10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If you want a sampling of several albums, get Prime Cuts. My favorite album is Pledge Your Allegiance followed my Lights, Camera, Revolution.
  11. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.

Prime Cuts has most of the songs people have suggested so that would be a good place to start.
  12. I am surprised no one said...

(all I wanted was a Pepsi...)

That's Old School. Back when they were punk.
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's good stuff. They've always had great bassists too, for the most part.
  14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The track Freedumb always gets me going, and another nostalgic vote for LCR.
  15. I remember seeing them back in the day, they played for 35 mins and managed about 15 songs!
  16. Can you even get the old "un-remastered" or un re-recorded one anymore? It's not the same album I had when I was a kid.
  17. S/T never really were straight-up punk. They were always similar to Motorhead in their style, halfway between punk and metal.

BTW, Cyco Vision (Freedumb album) is a pretty good track as well. This is also the album that Rob Trujillo joined them on as their bassist.
  18. There are 2 versions of the song on iTunes, the one on the record 'Suicidal Tendencies' sounds like the old one to me. There's another version that's obviously been redone, and it's 30 sec sample sucked compared to the original!

Plus the new one was labeled EXPLICIT.