Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suicide Concert Declared Illegal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Boplicity, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

If anyone has started this thread elsewhere, I apologize in advance, but I didn't see any headlines that looked like they were discussing this horrible topic.

A band in Tampa noted for outrageuos behavior on stage such as slicing live rats in a blender have announced their latest concert will feature a suicide onstage.

The original venue canceled, so the band says they will conduct this horrific act at an undisclosed location and broadcast the act on their web site.

Legal authorities in Florida have stated that such an act is illegal and any participants (including the audience?) will be prosecuted.

I find this entire sordid event to be about the most debased activity a band could ever attempt. Also, it smacks of a baldfaced attempt at publicity and has nothing to do with music. What are your thoughts?

I'm going to try to find a web site that has more information on what has transpired so far and mor einfo about the band...if you want to call them a band.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There is a post about it in the lounge.

But the band is still saying they are going to do it.

And embellisher said pretty much what I think about this.

no one can ever top it.

3. Boplicity

That's what scares me about this. Some stupid band, maybe even this one will try to top it...maybe such as blowing up the entire band on stage.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I heard that it was about somekind of euthanasia, something about terminally ill fan and his wish.. dunno.

5. Boplicity

6. Boplicity

Editorializing further, I find it highly objectionable that this band and its leader cloak a tasteless publicity stunt under the spurious guise of doing something socially significant.

If desperate soul wants to kill himself, why do it on stage at a rock concert?

7. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    That is the lead singer... He want's to make assisted suicides legal... Crazy shiat...

8. Yeah get me tickets! :rolleyes:

hmmm

Merls

9. Occording to the website, it already happened...

10. link?

I find this whole ordeal disgusting. From what I read from an earlier article, the vocalist actually tryed talking this guy out of killing himself in general, but apparently was "won over"

It's all sick.

11. Boplicity

Probably what "won over" the singer was the notion that his band will now be nationally famous (or infamous). To me, however, the guise of doing something to further assisted suicide or euthanasia by actually showing such an event on a web site or on a concert stage is just a heinous attempt to garner publicity.

I am hoping this dispicable "concert" was all an act or some sort of sleight-of-hand. I also hope that slaughter of rats in blenders also is sleight-of-hand. In either case, the band members belong in jail. They are sociopaths, not musicians.

12. they probably suck...and thats why they wanna do it,to be known as the band that held a "suicide convention"

How weak:rolleyes:

I would like to see the suicide though...Did they say how he would do it?

13. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
  14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Is there a better place? :)p)

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    why? :rolleyes:

16. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Horrible band, and Billy(the meglomaniac of the band) is a strange, annoying person. Their last bassist, Kyle, is probably one of the best bassists I have ever seen, what a waste of talent. The bassist before him actually stole one of my basses, long story. Billy is the son of a very prominent real estate mogul here in St. Pete and he seems to be a complete jackass. This is just another one of their attempts at fame. Since their music is so awful and they can't get signed through talent, they must assume this will do the trick. Whatever...

:rolleyes:

17. I dunno...I would just like to see the audience's reaction and stuff,how it all went down.

I find it interesting,in a dark way...

18. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

You are one of the people that give my generation it's lovely reputation :( :bawl:

19. The paper called it suicide
    A bullet from a forty-five
    Nobody cared and nobody cried
    Don't that make you feel sad?

Peter Brent combed his hair
    And sent for the police
    Policeman came, took Peter's name
    God, may he rest in peace

No one saw the note beside the body
    No one knew the problems
    But my God
    Suicide