Suitable flight case for an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro? 3 unit, or more?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fender32, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Any ideas on what size and strength of flight case i should be shopping for to fit an SVT-4? It weighs 42lbs (19kgs) and is supposed to be a 3 unit, rack mount job.

I've seen some threads here where people have recommended larger cases for amps prone to overheating, so I want to avoid that if it's necessary.

Also, are there different "grades" of case for light gear (such as effects units) and heavy gear (such as amps)? I just wondered because the plastic ones look to me like they'd bend if you suspended a heavy bass amp in them.

I'm new to this format of amp, so any hints on how to protect one and what size and type to go for, would be much appreciated.

2. i dont think the 4 pro will get that hot compaired to an all tube SVT, also, its not that heavy, so you have a pretty big choice, its up to you on the size, do you think youll expand?
  3. Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Good question. :eyebrow:

There's a good chance that I'll add either a digital tuner, or a cheapish multi-effects rack (2 unit size) in the forseeable future.

Is it common practise to put these items together with the amp then, rather have a seperate case for amp and effects?

As I said, I really have no clue about this side of things! :meh: