1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sukop 4 string fretted - spalted maple/ash - birdseye maple FB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by climb, Mar 16, 2008.

1. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    FS: Sukop 4 string fretted w/spalted maple top and birdseye maple fingerboard! This has been my favorite bass for some time, and I just love the thing. This bass is light (must be <8 lbs), 34" scale, strung with Fodera light gauge nickel strings, and just a joy to hear and play. Asking $1700 + shipping; I'll consider offers. The bass will ship in gig bag and be well-packed. Will trade for Zon fretless 34" scale 5 string but prefer cash.

It's had a lot of use, and the heavily spalted maple top has some fine surface lines/crackles (if you see Sukop's website, he explains that this is pretty common on his softer woods, and can be easily sanded out; I never bothered). It's got an ash body, maple neck, bartolini soapbars, and Sukop preamp. One ding on back of headstock (corner), which is not visible from the front. This bass is simply a fantastic instrument. I just play my 5 string more these days and taxes are looming large.

2. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    More pics

3. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Bump

4. tripb19

tripb19 Camel - Camel

Jun 18, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Sukops are amazing basses, good luck with the sale!!

5. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Have a major case of G.A.S. now, thanks alot!

6. Nine-and-three-Quarters

Nine-and-three-Quarters Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2006
    The Atlanta, GA Area
    Bump for a awesome bass! I just which it was either a 5er or a 6er. Sukops are really one of the best playing and sounding basses out there. I know that they don't look to pretty as far a design goes. At least that's what I thought when I first saw it but then I made the terrible mistake of picking one up and playing it. All I can say is WOW! These basses basically play themselves!

7. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I have grown over the years to really like the Sukop design, even the singlecuts (which I really disliked at first). I may even get another one (6er)...

And you're right--dollar for dollar (not to mention pound for pound; these things are light!), I don't think any basses are better than Sukops. Especially this one!

There's a reason people hang on to their Sukops.

8. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Bump

9. AAARRGGGG!!!!!! I really need to win the lottory! This base is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had the cas, it would be mine in a heartbeat.

10. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    pm/d

11. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    I have a Sukop sixer and wanted one for 10 years after playing my first Sukop. I finally got one and it's maybe the nicest basss I've ever played, and I've played some fine basses. This bass is a steal.

12. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Sold pending payment!