Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sukop Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AuG, May 26, 2005.

1. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Anyone ever play a Sukop bass? They look pretty cool, I think they have Bart. p/u and preamp so they have to sound good. Here's a link if anyone's interested...

http://www.music123.com/Sukop-Four-String-i136147.music

The luthier Stephen Sukop also makes 5 and 6 string models.

It's either a Ritter 4 string or a Sukop 4 string in the future for me now...... :cool: Mucho diniero necessito $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :crying:

Oog :hyper:

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm not too crazy about the looks, but I've had the chance to see 3 bassists use them on stage, and they all sounded great.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    I've played them a few times and have been quite impressed. My only pet peeve - the control cavity cover was not flush with the back of the bass, rather, it fits "over" the cavity. In my mind, not a cool shortcut for a 2k bass.

Lonnybass

4. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Well, I just bought a Sukop and can tell you they sound and play great. It is my first (real) five string and has side-lined my Fodera VW Classic. While the Sukop is great, the build on the Fodera is even better and I expect I'll be selling both shortly to fund a Fodera five string. Anyway, the Sukops are Grrrreat. Here's mine, complete with the control cavity cover that protrudes a little. No biggy but an insert would have been nice at this price. :D

Attached Files: