1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sukop Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AuG, May 26, 2005.

1. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Anyone ever play a Sukop bass? They look pretty cool, I think they have Bart. p/u and preamp so they have to sound good. Here's a link if anyone's interested...

http://www.music123.com/Sukop-Four-String-i136147.music

The luthier Stephen Sukop also makes 5 and 6 string models.

It's either a Ritter 4 string or a Sukop 4 string in the future for me now...... :cool: Mucho diniero necessito $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :crying:

Oog :hyper:

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm not too crazy about the looks, but I've had the chance to see 3 bassists use them on stage, and they all sounded great.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    I've played them a few times and have been quite impressed. My only pet peeve - the control cavity cover was not flush with the back of the bass, rather, it fits "over" the cavity. In my mind, not a cool shortcut for a 2k bass.

Lonnybass

4. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Well, I just bought a Sukop and can tell you they sound and play great. It is my first (real) five string and has side-lined my Fodera VW Classic. While the Sukop is great, the build on the Fodera is even better and I expect I'll be selling both shortly to fund a Fodera five string. Anyway, the Sukops are Grrrreat. Here's mine, complete with the control cavity cover that protrudes a little. No biggy but an insert would have been nice at this price. :D

Attached Files: